Friday, December 23, 2011

Melanie Amaro: the first American X Factor winner.

Melanie Amaro on X Factor Stage
American-born British Virgin Islands popstar Melanie Amaro won the first the The X Factor title, the first season of American television series. This victory brings her amazing $5 million recording contract with Epic Records. This 19 year-old vocalist from Sunrise, Fla., won this Fox talent competition Thursday over soulful 30-year-old singer Josh Krajcik of Wooster, Ohio.

"Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God," Amaro repeated after host Steve Jones announced her as the champion. “I feel amazing that I got to do this…I just got to say ‘thank you’,” the easy-listening hip hopper said when he got the hook.

“We came here to find a superstar and we found a superstar,” Cowell said after show host Steve Jones announced the results at the end of a two-hour broadcast that had included performances by Justin Bieber, Stevie Wonder, 50 Cent, Ne-Yo, and Pitbull. Unlike "American Idol," the contest was open to both solo singers and groups, and had a lower minimum age of 12 and no upper age limit. So it's of course a great show for the talents undiscovered yet.

No comments: