Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Leila Lopes, the Miss Universe 2011 defeating 88 costestants in 60th anniversay of The Miss Universe pageant.


Leila Luliana da Costa Vieira Lopes best known as Leila Lopes from Angola has won the crown of Miss Universe 2011 held on September 12, at Credicard Hall,  Sao Paolo, Brazil. This 25 year-old Miss Angola was crowned by Miss Universe 2010 from Mexico Ximena Navarrete. She snatched the title defeating 88 more contestants. She is the first Miss Universe from her country though more other Miss Angolas participated in the past. She laughed and smiled as she hugged runner-up Miss Ukraine, Olesia Stefanko, before having her crown firmly placed on her head as 60th Miss Universe.


The business student from Angola’s seaside city of Beguela, dazzled the panel of judges with both her beauty and brains. When asked earlier in the costest what she might change about her physical characteristics, Leila replied that she was satisfied with who she was. "Thank God I'm very satisfied with the way God created me and I wouldn't change a thing. I consider myself a woman endowed with inner beauty," she told the judges and the audience. She also added, "I have acquired many wonderful principles from my family, and I plan to follow those through the rest of my life."

After displaying her body in bright yellow bikini to millions of fans watching the pageant on TV around the world, Lopes paraded around the stage with poise in a form-fitting gold and silver sequinned evening gown. She expresses her wish to work with children and AIDS affected people. she also said about her religious belief, saying: “The first person that I love is God.”  She further expresses that she will not marry such person if she has to change her religious beliefs by marrying him.
Lopes with gold and silver studded gown

Lopes With bikini body that brings her a handsome point.


No comments: