Sunday, September 18, 2011

Demi Lovato thanks her fans for supporting her and assures them to help if they face any rehab problem.


Demi Lovato at
New York's Hammerstein ballroom

Mitchie Torres of Disney Channel Original Movie "Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam," singer Demi Lovato thanked her fans for supporting her during and after her rehab life and assured them to assist them if they face the same situation.

"A year ago today ... I was not in a good place," the 19-year-old said at her concert on September 17 night at New York's Hammerstein ballroom, just days ahead of the release of third album, "Unbroken." "I needed help and I want anybody in this audience to know that if you're struggling with one of the issues that I dealt with or a different issue, that you can get help, that you can recover and it's possible if you just tell someone."

Lovato entered a treatment facility for three months last year to deal with "emotional and physical issues." The singer-actress said as an 8-year-old who faced bullying she had an eating disorder and later started cutting her wrists to vent her despair.

"They're so many beautiful girls in this audience that don't know that they're beautiful, but they just are," she said. "So I want to thank you guys for being there for me every single day I was away. I wouldn't be here without you guys today." Lovato was saying this few words in the middle of her latest song, "Skyscraper." 

No comments: