Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Skylar Grey sings her hit 'I'm Coming Home' before Dalai Lama's World Peace event.

Holly Brook Hafermann or Holly Brook popularly known as Skylar Grey, 25 years old Grammy nominated multi-instrumentalist  American singer, songwriter and record producer best known for lending her vocals to Diddy Dirty Money's "I'm Coming Home," sang before  Dalai Lama, the exiled Tibetan religious leader, and 20,000 people at the Kalachakra for World Peace event held in Washington, D.C. She sang a new version of her hit song 'I'm coming home,' an opportunity of a life time she will ever remember. In addition to the music, the Dalai Lama spoke at the free event, which was emceed by Whoopi Goldberg.


Recently she attended an interview in which she credits Dr. Dre and Eminem with her recent career upswing. In the interview, Skylar Grey describes a rough spot before she worked on “I Need A Doctor” with Dr. Dre and Eminem: Grey says “Things kind of fell apart with my career and personal life, so I just retreated up in the woods in Oregon just to get away from L.A. and the whole music industry… I felt like I lost touch with who I was as a person, as an artist.”
Grey adds that Dre was considering a higher-profile female vocalist for the track, with big names like Lady Gaga being bandied about. But, Grey says, Eminem was pulling for her: “Eminem was like, ‘We are not taking her vocals off the song!’ So I got kept on there and it changed my life.” Grey will be dropping a solo album sometime this fall which she's working on with Grammy-winning songwriter and hip-hop producer, Alex da Kid. So the performance before Dalai Lama will trigger her self confidence and stamina.
Grey shaking hand with Dalai Lama

No comments: